“Thank you again for an outstanding experience in your venue. The hall was wonderful and the staff were exceptional.”
“We had a great time and everything you guys did was awesome! Thanks so much for everything .”
We’re not officially in the summer season according to the calendar but the hot weather is here and there’s a variety of fresh new vegetables that are coming into their prime season. We’ve scoured the web and found a variety of top10 summer vegetable lists and decided that we would weigh in on it as well. There’s a few vegetables making multiple appearances on the lists but each one has some unique vegetables that could be a great addition to not only your home cooking but also your next catered event! Without further ado, we present Casal Catering’s top 10 list for summer vegetables:
- Corn: Technically classified as a grain, most people still see it as a vegetable. Fresh corn on the cob tastes great boiled or grilled and can add a bit of festive colour to any salad!
- Yellow & Orange Tomatoes: The traditional red hot house or vine ripened tomato is delicious but why not branch out and try some new colours of tomato. Yellow and orange tomatoes tend to be sweeter and less acidic than their red counterpart. Why not try a yellow and orange gazpacho.
- Avocados: Best known as the main ingredient of guacamole this vegetable adds a great firm and creamy texture to any sandwich. Why not try an avocado chicken club on a fresh focaccia bun at your next lunch event.
- Artichokes: At first glance it’s not the easiest looking vegetable to eat but it has surprising versatility and is two treats in one. Instead of putting out a bag of chips, why not try a decorative artichoke. The petals are great for dipping and the heart goes great as a dip.
- Bell Peppers: Coming in a variety of colours, their flavour is plentiful while it is very light on the stomach. It’s great on its own with dip, added to pasta salads for a nice crunch or fill it with sausage filling and grill.
- Radishes: Serve sliced and chilled and it is the ultimate vegetable for strong flavour and a crisp crunch.
- Green Beans: Available year round but there’s nothing like stepping out into your own backyard and picking some fresh beans, snapping the tip and eating it right there.
- Cucumbers: Coming in a variety of shapes and sizes they are great for making your own pickles, toss them in a little vinegar and pepper and you’ve got a fresh snack in seconds.
- Arugula: Move over iceberg and romaine it is time for a new leaf to fill your salad bowl. Pair with flavourful vinaigrettes and some salty cheese and you’ve got a wonderful starter for your lunch or dinner.
- Mushrooms: Again like our number 1, not technically a vegetable but still great to throw on the grill as a side to that delicious steak, ribs or chicken you are serving for your main course.
The great thing about all the vegetables in our top 10 list is that they can be eaten fresh with little to no cooking; ensuring you have time to enjoy your time outside or your event. For innovative ways on how Casal Catering can work these summer vegetables into the menu for your next catered event please give us a call, 705-735-2727.
Here are some links to a few other top ten vegetable lists we came across:
Barrie, ON – Casal Catering is happy to announce the Say Yes to the Guests contest. The winner of the contest will receive up to fifty free meals for the recipients wedding reception when catered by Casal Catering. The contest closes on Friday, March 2nd, 2012.
In order to become a contestant in the Say Yes to the Guests contest, you must upload a photo of your wedding colours and theme and tell Casal Catering in 250 words or less the inspiration behind your theme. Then contestants must get people to like the individual post on the Casal Catering Facebook page wall. The contestant with the highest number of ‘likes’ on his or her post will be announced the winner of the contest.
For every two ‘likes’ the winning entry receives the contestant will earn one wedding meal, up to a maximum of fifty free meals, when the wedding catering is booked with Casal Catering in Barrie. Grand Prize is subject to additional terms and conditions.
Jessica Dodd, Owner of Casal Catering states, “One of the biggest concerns when throwing a wedding is the number of guests and the costs associated with it. The Say Yes to the Guests contest is our way of taking away a piece of the stress that comes with it and might let one lucky couple invite a few more friends and family to help make their special day, just that much more special.”
The Say Yes to the Guests contest has begun and a number of entries have already been received. New entries will continue to be accepted until the closing date on March 2nd, 2012. Casal Catering will work with the entrant in determining the type of meals to be provided.
For full details and information on the Say Yes to the Guest contest please visit Casal Catering’s Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/CasalCatering
Casal Catering offers a wide range of menu selections; from snacks and desserts, to appetizers and hors d’oeuvres, to buffet and plated meals. Casal Catering has creative cuisine to suit any occasion, be it a company picnic or black tie gala. And with our mobile kitchen, we can feed up to 400 people anywhere you feel like throwing a party, from the factory floor, to a beach on Lake Muskoka, or even alongside a golf course fairway. Our Catering Endorsement license allows us to bring along the bar, as well.
For More Information:
Jessica Dodd, Owner Casal Catering T: 705-735-2727 E: Jessica ( @ ) casalcatering dot ca
Thank you for your information. Someone will contact you shortly!